Monday, April 20, 2009

2009 Hill Climb in Logan, Iowa

This was something new for me.  I hadn't had the chance to try any sort of sport photography before and I have to say I had a blast!  This was a hill climb race that has happened every spring in Logan, Iowa for the past 4 years.  I'm not sure why they call it a hill climb... it was more of a "wall" climb on a certain run.  That's where all these pictures were taken which made for some crazy shots!  Luckily none of these riders were hurt even though you'd think otherwise.

Here is my husband, Lynn (above).  This was the first time he entered this particular race.  You can get an idea of how steep this hill is.  He made it up this on his second run... I still think it's crazy, but fun to watch! 








Wow!!!  These guys a either really brave or a little crazy!  haha!  I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of the action!  I was a little nervous being up there with all these motorcycles flying around... but I stayed safe.  The people that put on this event were amazing and did a wonderful job!  Thanks to all of them!  Can't wait for next year!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the Hill Climb also. I used to really get into my photography too (back in the day when there were still darkrooms)LOL
Excellent shots!!! Just wanted to tell you great JOB!!

Anonymous said...

Nice job. We have been going there every year since they started. One of the few events where you can get right up next to the action. You got some great shots there, really capturing the action at its dramatic apex. I like the one where the guy has launched his bike and the volunteer is running in with the hook to snag it so it doesn't fall back on the rider. That happened last year - ouch! Anyway, nice shots.